Envelope Project

Monday, January 6, 2020

Another Fun Day . . . 

of designing and sewing.  Yesterday I whipped up a couple of zippered pouches using a new method and I like the way they turned out.


Today I went back to the sewing machine and sewed up a reusable grocery bag complete with a zippered pocket.  And then I got busy on sewing up the Small Canvas Tote Bag from So Sew Easy.  This tote is super small because the 2" x 2" square was not any where close to 2".  But, I wanted to sew it and see how the construction on it was.  I did not follow their instructions on the pocket or the lining.  I think it turned out super cute and is perfect for a little girl, or maybe the little girl's dolly.  I plan on drafting a "normal" size tote as I think it will be a perfect bag to take to the beach.  If I make it big enough, it could hold a towel, book, sunglasses, phone, sunscreen . . . you get the idea.  What do you think?  Liking it??

Original Tote from Sew So Easy


 My test version

There are two pockets on the inside.

Shopping anyone?

Stay tuned for the next iteration of this bag.  If the larger version turns out okay, I may try to make it out of some faux leather.  What do you guys think?

Happy Sewing!


No comments: