Envelope Project

Saturday, January 4, 2020

And we're off and running . . . 

Yesterday I had an idea to create a combination zippered pouch / wallet.  So, I set about making me one.  Guess what???  After I was finished with it I had a couple of thoughts:
  1. Is it useful?
  2. Would anyone want one or be willing to buy one?
I think in order for it to be useful I need to turn it into a wristlet.  I also need to work out the dimensions better.  But for a first try, it's totally functional.  Would anyone buy one . . . that I do not know.  Would you guys buy one?

 Zippered Pouch
Inside View

Then today I woke up and had another brilliant idea . . . how about a straight up wallet?  So, I got busy designing one of those.  I think I had better execution and proportions with this one, but there are still problems with the magnetic closure.  My original marking was correct, but I doubted myself and moved it down just a bit.  Big mistake! 

Completed Wallet
 Inside view
Outside flat view

What do you guys think?  I'm going to keep working on this pattern.  Do you guys like the binding on the wallet, or would you prefer no binding?  Let me know.  Maybe in the next iteration I'll put the zippered pocket on the outside.  We'll see.  I'm sure there will be many more versions to come because you know what . . . I've got a lot of free time these days!!  

Happy Sewing!!

No comments: