Envelope Project

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Updates . . . 

So, it's been a couple of weeks and I have sewn up over 200 napkins.  I went to Kansas for Thanksgiving and ended up giving away almost 100 of the napkins.  Whoop!  Whoop!  Anyone need cloth napkins??!!

Yesterday I branched out from cloth napkins and made a matching apron.  Next up . . . potholders perhaps?!



I haven't just been making napkins . . . before that I made a slew of hoodies.  Oh my word, did those turn out cute!  I made most of them in kids' sizes and gave them to the Kansas kiddos.  So cute!  There was also a pink stretch velvet with rose design that was made for one of my adult nieces.  The hoodies were a hit and I came back with a list of others who'd like one.  I've managed to sew up three more kiddo sized hoodies that need to be mailed off.  I still have a couple more kid sized hoodies to make and at least 5 adult sized hoodies.  They will be pretty easy to sew up once I decide on what fabric to use.






Now that I'm feeling better, I've been able to do more exercising.  There's been a variety of gym workouts, road biking, exercise bike biking and treadmill running.  So far, so good.  Yay!

Currently working on drawing and painting my Christmas cards.  Each year I hand draw my cards and paint them.  It's a lot of work, but I totally enjoy it.  I always wonder if these little hand drawn cards end up in the trash . . .

And that, my friends, is how I'm keeping busy without a job.  It was my choice to "retire" early, and it definitely was the right decision, but retirement is HARD!!  Most days are fine, but some days I wake up and question what's the purpose and meaning now.  It was super easy when there was a defined schedule and I worked my butt off for 10 hour days for days on end.  I would dream of the day that I got to enjoy just not working; no schedule; no stress.  Well, that day is here and for the most part it is good, but I wonder how long I can keep sewing and drawing and reading and writing and loving this new life.  Hopefully for a very long time!

No comments: