Envelope Project

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Countdown to My New Stash



Next week is the International Quilt Festival in Houston. I am taking vacation Wednesday through Friday to go enjoy and salivate over the quilts. I enjoy looking at all the quilts and seeing both the technique and the quilting of the piece. I don't usually take pictures, but I'm sure my brain stores ideas that I will want to try some time in the future. A lot of the quilts have signs that say "no photographs", but inevitably pictures are always taken. My goal to get a quilt entered this year came up short, but it was a learning experience and I will start working on next year's quilt. I would really like to see a quilt of mine hanging in the George R. Brown Convention Center.

My new fabric stash is being shipped next week. Apparently the journey from New Hampshire to Texas is approximately six days so I won't actually take possession of my new 2200+ yards of fabric until the following week. I have been dreaming up ideas on what to do with all that fabric and let me just say, I'm going to have FUN with it! I have drawn up new quilt designs and I'm sure there will be plenty of new fabric for me to audition. I will be selling the fabric either on my new, yet to be styled, website, or possibly on Etsy or Ebay. It's an adventure and I'm up to the challenge. There is a small fear that this purchase is a scam, but I feel confident that it's all good.

No comments: